It’s been a while since I’ve posted or even done anything with my blog. That’s my fault, my boyfriend was visiting (he’s living in London now so it’s been long distance for a while) and I was just a bit preoccupied.
So, in the wake of my romantic adventures the past week or so I thought I would do a slight variation on my normal playlist posts. Instead of creating a full playlist for one book, I’m going to pair a few of my favorite romance focused books with a song (be warned, I don’t read/love a lot of pure romances so a lot of these are a bit mixed).
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë – Winter Allegro – Vivaldi
- My Antonia by Willa Cather – Ye Honest Bridal Couple – Danish String Quartet
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin – Opening – Philip Glass, Martin Jacoby
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald – Escualo – Astor Piazzolla
- Love Medicine by Louise Erdrich – The Promise of Living – Aaron Copeland
I tried to stick with a theme of mostly 20th century composers, though I had to include Vivaldi and Danish String Quartet.
Also just realized that 4 out of 5 of the books I used are American 20th century. Oops.
What are some of your favorite romantic books? (because I clearly need some recommendations)