The frog — startled by my presence — skipped across the surface of the pond before diving into its safe abyss. My mind tripped as well, following him momentarily into the comforting depths of memory. Flickering momentarily to a childhood spent in stealth and frog traps. Time smeared back to those innocent days, free of humid worry and heavy doubts.
My poor little blog has been rather neglected these past few months (and just as she was getting on her feet a bit). I am trying to prioritize her a little bit more; however, my life has been a bit of a whirlwind! So here are a few of my excuses and a little bit about what is going on with me!
- I decided to apply for grad school (*insert excited yet completely terrified shriek*). I had not originally planned to go back to school so soon, but through a variety of circumstances it became clear that this step is coming up now. So I am sending out applications and it is invigorating and nerve-wracking.
- I am trying to prioritize reading in my life and a healthier lifestyle in general. I was feeling pretty crappy so decided to take initiative and get myself back on track. That included less internet/screen time.
- Work. Yeah, that has to go in there somewhere. I was given a number of extra projects and I suppose money is important….
- LONDON! I am going to London in a few weeks to visit my bf and have been planning for the trip.
- Laziness. Yes, at heart I’ve just been lazy (lazy that is after working on grad school apps, reading, exercising, working, and planning…so I have a right to be a little bit lazy).
Anyway, that’s everything going on in my life! I hope to be posting a little more regularly again soon, especially in preparation for my trip!
Meanwhile, Oliver has been as sleepy as ever….
Yesterday I went
Shopping for Christmas gifts
And heard the bells ring.
Today I saw my
Cat – peacefully underneath
The tree – fast asleep.
Tomorrow I will
Watch delicate feet across
The stage, snowflakes dance.
(In honor of the book of haiku I purchased yesterday)
Hey everyone! I hope your Friday is as beautiful as mine (seriously, so glad for the September weather!). I just wanted to give a little update here. I’ve made a spotify account for the playlists that I post here. The username is the same as the blog: theonewithfeathers! I hope you enjoy listening to the playlists!
Because I’m a bit of a nerd and love to trace “family trees” of influential people to learn who influenced them and who they in turn influenced.
I found this great infograph about this the other day and just had to share it. I love how diverse it is, including literature, science, music, and even film.
It’s been a very long time since I’ve allowed myself to buy new books. That’s mostly because I have far too many books sitting on my shelf to be read.
However, the other day I caved. I couldn’t help but stop into a little local bookstore that always has great deals on books.
And boy, I’m glad I did. I found one book I’d wanted for a while and a couple that look really interesting and even a few that were a bit risky, all for about the same price as a book from any other bookstore.
I got all these books for just over $10! Needless to say I was very pleased with my find. Now, I just have to find time to read them. And about three dozen others sitting on my shelf.