My poor little blog has been rather neglected these past few months (and just as she was getting on her feet a bit). I am trying to prioritize her a little bit more; however, my life has been a bit of a whirlwind! So here are a few of my excuses and a little bit about what is going on with me!
- I decided to apply for grad school (*insert excited yet completely terrified shriek*). I had not originally planned to go back to school so soon, but through a variety of circumstances it became clear that this step is coming up now. So I am sending out applications and it is invigorating and nerve-wracking.
- I am trying to prioritize reading in my life and a healthier lifestyle in general. I was feeling pretty crappy so decided to take initiative and get myself back on track. That included less internet/screen time.
- Work. Yeah, that has to go in there somewhere. I was given a number of extra projects and I suppose money is important….
- LONDON! I am going to London in a few weeks to visit my bf and have been planning for the trip.
- Laziness. Yes, at heart I’ve just been lazy (lazy that is after working on grad school apps, reading, exercising, working, and planning…so I have a right to be a little bit lazy).
Anyway, that’s everything going on in my life! I hope to be posting a little more regularly again soon, especially in preparation for my trip!
Meanwhile, Oliver has been as sleepy as ever….
Yesterday I went
Shopping for Christmas gifts
And heard the bells ring.
Today I saw my
Cat – peacefully underneath
The tree – fast asleep.
Tomorrow I will
Watch delicate feet across
The stage, snowflakes dance.
(In honor of the book of haiku I purchased yesterday)
Hey everyone! I hope your Friday is as beautiful as mine (seriously, so glad for the September weather!). I just wanted to give a little update here. I’ve made a spotify account for the playlists that I post here. The username is the same as the blog: theonewithfeathers! I hope you enjoy listening to the playlists!
Because I’m a bit of a nerd and love to trace “family trees” of influential people to learn who influenced them and who they in turn influenced.
I found this great infograph about this the other day and just had to share it. I love how diverse it is, including literature, science, music, and even film.
It’s been a very long time since I’ve allowed myself to buy new books. That’s mostly because I have far too many books sitting on my shelf to be read.
However, the other day I caved. I couldn’t help but stop into a little local bookstore that always has great deals on books.
And boy, I’m glad I did. I found one book I’d wanted for a while and a couple that look really interesting and even a few that were a bit risky, all for about the same price as a book from any other bookstore.
I got all these books for just over $10! Needless to say I was very pleased with my find. Now, I just have to find time to read them. And about three dozen others sitting on my shelf.